“Do-It-Yourself” Drift Boat Kits
Benefits of a Boulder Boat Works Kit:
- Boulder Boat Works VHMW-PE hull, the strongest, lightest, more durable hull built today, by anyone, anywhere.
- We build the hull, so you don’t have to, each Boulder Boat Works hull is built to our high quality standards and comes with our lifetime warranty.
- All kits come with a DVD instruction video, easy to follow, these kits are designed for success.
- No fiberglass, no epoxies are used to complete boat.
- Less time to completion – much less than wooden or fiberglass kits. Estimated time to complete is 40 hours.
- You can keep it simple with a base kit, add options and accessories from the beginning, or add them later. We offer a full line of accessories and upgrades or you can build these yourself.
- Customize your boat your way or build it like our Pro Guide, it’s your choice.
- In the end you’ll have the strongest, lightest, most durable drift boat kit ever offered.
- Save some cash and have lots of fun building your own Boulder Boat works drift boat!
Call Steve at
Hull: Fully assembled Pro Guide hull
- Material, Vee hull, VHMW-PE
- Color, standard "Desert Sand"
- Your choice of high side or low side model
The hull is complete and ready to build out.
Comes with: Fly deck, floor framing (middle floor), floor framing for front and rear floors (raised and leveled) & front, middle and rear floor panels (polymer material).
Wood Package: We use Ash which is a great hardwood perfect for boat construction, it's a light color and beautiful wood. We can also supply these kits with African Mahogany or other types of wood on request at an additional cost.
The wood pack is as follows:
Bow stem: rough cut and ready for sanding, varnish, and install.
Front knee brace: precision cut horns and rough cut dash, sand, route, assemble, varnish and install.
Transom plates: we have custom fitted these to your hull and they are ready for sanding, varnish and install.
Ribs: 5 pair, ribs are precision cut and ready for sanding, varnish and install.
Front passenger bench seat: 2 rails, and cross pieces, precision cut and ready for sanding, assembly, varnish and install. Also comes with polymer seat top, no finish needed. Just fit and install.
Rowers bench seat: 2 rails, and cross pieces, precision cut and ready for sanding, assembly, varnish and install. Also comes with polymer seat top, no finish needed. Just fit and install.
Gunnels: we supply you precision scarfed ash, with two 1/8" registration pins for easy glue up. Sand, route, add gunnel blocks and wedge shim, varnish and install. Includes: (4) 12' x 3/4" x 1 3/4" scarfed and (4) 8' x 3/4" x 1 3/4" scarfed.
Hardware: stainless steel hardware
- All stainless hardware needed for complete build out
- Bow eye
- Screws for mounting knee horns and knee brace assembly
- Bolts for mounting transom plates
- Screws for floor panels Bolts and screws to mount rib set
- All hardware necessary to build and mount bench seats
- Gunnel hardware – 1/4x20 bolts and washers w/ acorn nuts (upgrade option to barrel nuts is available).
Finish: 2 quarts of Z-Spar varnish, more than enough to varnish all parts 3 times!